How to Become a Nonprofit Partner:
1) Make sure you're eligible! We work with 501(c)(3) nonprofits, community-based agencies, schools, and government organizations in Fresno, Madera, Kings, and Tulare Counties. You don't have to have your 501c3 status, as long as your need is community based, but be sure to read our Partnership Policy and Project Types.
2) Confirm that your organization isn't already a partner. It's possible that someone else from your organization has already created an organizational profile for you. Check our Nonprofit Partner Directory to make sure your organization is not already listed as an Active partner. If you find your organization on the list, or if you are pretty sure your organization has been a partner in the past (but is perhaps no longer active), please contact us via phone at (559) 237-3101 or email@example.com, so that we can reactivate your account and/or add you as a contact for your organization.
3) If you discover your organization has never applied with us, register your organization in our system by clicking the Sign Up/Registration link at the top left of the page. We will be in touch once we review your application to move forward with solidifying the partnership. We'll grant your access so you can sign up for our next Agency Training on how to post Referrals to our website or give us a call to discuss creating a potential HandsOn Managed Project.
- We are here to connect you with volunteers of all type. Whether you have one-time, on-going, or skilled volunteer needs, you can advertise your volunteer opportunities to the many volunteers who visit our website every year.
- Once you've been trained on how to use the site, you can post your Volunteer Referrals to our searchable database, where volunteers can search postings by interest, skills, age, and more! The system allows you to communicate with volunteers, mark attendance, and keep track of hours.
- We do have a best practice of 4 weeks' notice to post a date/time specific need. Here's why:
- When a volunteer clicks “express interest” on your post, it sends you an email with their information and you then reach out to schedule them. There’s inherent time in the back in forth of that communication, phone tag, etc.
- We read and approve all posts to ensure correctness and publish them to the site.
- Volunteers like to plan ahead and sometimes they’re already booked.
- If you'd like assistance with planning a project, managing volunteers, and having a recurring project with us, let's talk about our HandsOn Managed(Volunteer Leader) Projects. Volunteers are telling us they want these types of episodic, project-based opportunities! We'll work to place one of our trained volunteer leaders on the project to help support you and the volunteers.
- Interested in having a project manager customize a project and working with corporate volunteers? Our HandsOn@Work program can help identify, develop, plan, purchase, and organize one-time projects with corporate volunteer groups. These projects often come with larger numbers and supply dollars.