Retired & Senior Volunteer Program
R.S.V.P. (Retired & Senior Volunteer Program) is a National Service program, designed to recruit skilled, experienced, active adults ages 55 and older for volunteer activities that work towards meeting the needs of their communities. 500,000 individuals 55 years old or older are serving in over 8,000 locally sponsored projects to support their community as proud Senior Corps RSVP members. HandsOn Central California RSVP members help build low income housing, feed those in need, help families in need with clothing and household goods, provide meals to isolated seniors, provide senior companionship, support veterans services, mentor and tutor youth, provide support to our local city government, act as ambassadors to our region, offer support to the California Highway Patrol and local police departments, and do much more. The volunteer opportunities are as varied as the interests of the senior volunteers we recruit. Their support makes a huge impact in our community. Thank you RSVP volunteers!
RSVP Impact Areas
- Senior Nutrition and Food Security
- Companionship for isolated seniors
- Veterans Support
- Preschool -3rd Grade Tutoring and Mentoring
- Accessing individuals to health care services
- Emergency Preparedness and Response
- Supporting Animal Shelters
- Police and Highway Patrol Support
Why should you volunteer?
- It helps bridge the generation gap.
- It helps change the way people think about older adults.
- It is good for mental health.
- It helps prevent senior isolation and depression.
- It promotes healthy physical activity.
- You can be an activist for social change and social justice.
- You can meet new people and make new friends.
- You can learn new skills.
- You will feel good for supporting those in need in your community.
RSVP Volunteer Requirements
- Be 55 years old or older
- Fill out a volunteer application
- Have time to commit to volunteering
- Agree to supervision and training
- Understand their is no monetary compensation
- Willingness to share their lifetime of wisdom and professional skills
Benefits to Volunteering
- Supplemental insurance while traveling to your assignment and while on the job
- Access to rewarding volunteer opportunities
- Connect with a network of like-minded individuals
- Mileage reimbursement for any errands run for the organization you volunteer for
- Recognition opportunities
- Membership in one of the largest Senior volunteer programs in the United States - Senior Corps RSVP
If you are 55 years old or older and are interested in volunteering, please contact us by phone or email.
Phone (559) 237-3101