Court Referral Program
HandsOn Central California Court Referral Community Service Program is the referral agency for residents of Fresno County who are assigned community service work by the courts or probation. The program provides placement, follow-up, monitoring and reports on offenders referred to complete community service work. Those referred to the program may be from Traffic Court, Adult Diversion Services, the Adult and Juvenile Probation Departments, or directly from the criminal and civil courts with conditional sentences. Referrals for community service work are made in lieu of fines or jail, as a condition of retribution or dismissal, or as an independent, sometimes mandated sentencing option.
Work assignments are made on the basis of a face to face interview to determine the client's skills, availability, and limitations. Clients are matched to a community not for profit agency to do a wide variety of tasks. All of these tasks enhance the ability of the agencies to provide services to the community. The work assignment involves the offender with the community in a positive, constructive way that benefits both the offender and the community.
- A person sentenced in Fresno County, who lives outside of this county, should contact program staff for instructions on how to arrange to do the assigned work where he lives.
- Walk-in interviews are conducted Monday thru Friday from 8:00 AM to 3:45 PM at HandsOn Central California located at 732 N. Van Ness Fresno, CA.
- Community Service locations assignments are available in all parts of Fresno and Madera County.
- A program fee is charged. The fee is based on the number of hours of work assigned. During the in-person interview program staff will go over the fee schedule.
- A person who was assigned community service work in some other counties or state and lives in Fresno County can arrange a transfer to this program from the sentencing jurisdiction. For assistance telephone program staff.
Community Service Location Sites
Contact HandsOn Central California at (559) 237-3101