Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Language Translator Specialist
Job Title: Translator
Translator Job Purpose
Interprets written or spoken material into one or more other languages, ensures meaning and context are maintained, creates glossaries or term dictionaries, possesses knowledge of multiple languages, works with individual clients and corporations.
Translator Job Duties
- Reads through or listens to material in one language, ascertains understanding of the meaning and context of that material, and translates or converts it into a second language, making sure to preserve the original meaning
- Translates online, video, and television media by providing subtitles
- Consults with subject matter experts and other colleagues in order to understand specialized concepts and translate them appropriately
- Refers to online translation tools for additional assistance with translation
- Follows up with client to ensure satisfaction and understanding
- Adheres to industry quality standards established by the Association of Translation Companies to ensure that all completed work follows legal and ethical obligations
- Translates a variety of documents including literary, educational, and commercial materials
- May specialize in a particular industry in which he or she has relevant experience or knowledge, such as medicine, the arts, business, or finance
- Works on a freelance basis
Translator Skills and Qualifications
Bachelor's Degree preferred, Associates Degree acceptable, with either/or along with experience in translating for advertising flyers, announcements, correspondence, etc. Fluency in at Least Two Languages, Written and Verbal Communication, Understanding of Grammar, Knowledge of Specific Subjects, Interpersonal Communication, Accuracy, Attention to Detail, Motivation, Ability to Meet Deadlines, Ability to Work Under Pressure. Proficient in Microsoft Word; Email and Google Drive/Google Docs experience desirable.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: