Updates on Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
As COVID-19 response intensifies across our nation, HandsOn Central California wants to emphasize the importance of the global issue, but also offer a sense of unwavering optimism for the future. How we each respond at a time like this is a reflection of what we stand for.
We at HandsOn are committed to providing a safe environment for our employees and volunteers, and continuing to serve the needs of our most vulnerable citizens. We are being challenged to take increased measures to maintain continuity of services and protect the health of our employees and volunteers with physical distancing and cancellation of non-essential gatherings.
In an abundance of caution, HOCC is:
- Providing opportunity for tele-service for our AmeriCorps VISTA and VIP members;
- Providing increased opportunity to access court referral community services remotely;
- Accepting only a limited number of visitors to our office;
- Postponing all planned events of more than 50 people, such as Hands Across the Valley, until end of April 2020;
- Eliminating outreach, fairs, face to face meetings and other non-essential gatherings for the next 30 days;
- Sharing best practice health tips with our team and our stakeholders, and being a thought partner as they sort through the current health crisis; and
- Updating our website to connect those who wish to volunteer to organizations that are providing essential supports.
Should the situation change, we will respond accordingly and communicate any changes to partners and volunteers. We recommend that all of our volunteers and community partners follow the general health guidelines set forth by the CDC, including staying home and resting if you are feeling unwell. CDC recommendations regarding the coronavirus outbreak, including measures you can take to prepare for a possible outbreak and reduce the likelihood of transmission, can be found here.